Hello and thanks for taking a look at our project.
We are a start-up with a prototype of a new communications & privacy tool built in Ruby and running on desktop environments.
The client-side components of the prototype essentially consist of:
– A core library implementing the main functionality;
– A utility library implementing a handful of useful utility functions;
The applications themselves run on top of the above. We would now like to create an Android port of the above by porting the core libraries to a format that can be distributed and used by third party application developers; alongside this we need a test application UI.
The scale we are talking about is fairly modest:
– Core library: ~20 methods / ~300 lines of code.
– Utils: ~5 methods / ~60 lines of code.
– Config stuff: ~30 lines of code.
The code was written in Ruby partly for prototyping speed but partly also to provide a readable reference. Also the team who did it is on hand to answer questions and provide support etc.
A few must-haves:
– Excellent proficiency in the target platform;
– Familiarity with the source platform;
– Ability to meet our needs for confidentiality: all development/code to be stored and exchanged on Truecrypt-encrypted volumes; usual NDA clauses.
tested functional code with good documentation. Good doesn’t need to mean enormous it’s more about quality: it means it’s good enough for another developer to pick it up and work with.
And a few would-really-likes:
– Someone who has familiarity with encryption and security both in principle and practice;
– Someone who is potentially interested in ongoing/further work. We don’t mind where you live as long as you’re on Skype. We’d much prefer individual developers to development shops: thanks.
This is an exciting project and an original thing to work on: look forward to hearing from you!